my dearest friends, first of all, i must thank you for all the comments, emails, tweets, facebook likes and comments, texts, and everything in between! i've had a constant ear to ear smile since christmas day and so much is because of your love and support. thank you!!
thank you so much for being patient while this thing called Life takes over and makes my days seem like they last for approximately 10 minutes!
i am honored to tell you our story of the proposal and hope you enjoy the next 10 months of chaos as this kentuckyblonde attempts to create the wedding of a lifetime.
christmas morning began as usual in our household with the glorious fire in the fireplace, candles lit, and christmas music a'blarin. we had all the christmas lights on and presents under the tree for just the two of us.
we shared stocking stuffers and continued to open our gifts of a saw (for him), a uk sweatshirt (for her), some ray ban sunglasses (for him), pajamas (for her), and so on.
i'm usually one of the most unobservant people in the world so it wasn't surprising that i didn't really see the hearts on the tree during the whole present unwrapping extravaganza. he told me there are 10 hearts on the tree, all numbered, and i had to read them in order.
for mainly my own memory, i'm going to include what they each said but i figured you may enjoy the sappiness of it all as well. ;) each heart had the significant date and what was special about it.
1. 3/25/2010 the date of the first time i saw you at pat's house. i've never been so "wowed" by someone before. i had to talk to you.
2. 6/19/2010 our 1st, unofficial, date to the drive in. on the way back, i had my arm around you for the 1st time. i had goosebumps for 2 days...
3. 11/10/2010 our 1st kiss...
4. 12/23/2010 brian and i drove around for 3 hours trying to find your camera present. i knew you were something special...
5. 1/1/2011 the 1st time i told you i loved you. i knew that i did a long time before that. *fireworks*
6. 4/9/2011 we made the big step of moving in together. one of the best decisions of my life.
7. 6/15/2011 the 1st time i went ring shopping!
(this is where i began freaking out and crying)
8. 10/13/2011 when i asked dan if i could ask you to marry me.
9. 11/22/2011 when i asked your mom if i could ask you to marry me.
10. 12/25/2011 the beginning of the rest of our lives... i love you jayme.
after the 10th heart, he said there is one last present in the tree which was a wrapped box. i was shaking so bad and my eyes weren't exactly working because i was so excited but i managed to find it. after i unwrapped the box, john took it, got on one knee, said some of the most amazing things a girl could imagine and asked me to marry him.
right there, in the living room of our first house together, i sat on his bended knee, hugged him so tight, cried on his shoulder and said yes about one million times. an added bonus is i get to wear this absolutely beautiful tacori ring as a symbol of this everlasting love between the love of my life and myself. (sheesh, this is really cheesy) :)
between the fact that he actually cut out little hearts, used a hole punch, and delicately placed the yarn in each heart, i am still in disbelief that god has blessed me with such an incredibly sweet, romantic, nice, loving, handsome man to call mine for the rest of my life.
i love you john, the soon to be mr. kentuckyblonde.